• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamie Carragher and Thierry Henry on Arsenal's away-day problems
Jamie Carragher and Thierry Henry on Arsenal's away-day problems

[Image: nintchdbpict000343958383.jpg]

sbobet 789 Arsenal's north London derby defeat to Tottenham at Wembley left them seven points off the top four, and as Jamie Carragher and Thierry Henry discussed on Monday Night Football, it's their away form which is the main cause for concern.

Arsene Wenger's side have picked up 32 points at the Emirates this season, the third-best tally in the Premier League, but their record of 13 points from 14 away games so far has proven to be their downfall.

The stark contrast between home and away form is nothing new either. Only Manchester City and Tottenham have a better home record in their last 26 fixtures.

However, Arsenal have averaged only one point in each of their last 26 away matches, which is less than half than Chelsea and Manchester City have accumulated in the same period.

And the MNF experts argued that it's away games where the mentality of the big teams is truly tested.

HENRY: It's difficult to explain. You expect Arsenal to have a good record at home, you don't expect Arsenal to get that many points away from home. It's very low. We won the league twice unbeaten away from home. With all the flamboyant football we were playing, we knew how to go away and get a 0-0, winning 1-0, not conceding away from home. We knew at home we could open teams up. In 2001/02 all the games we lost were at home. You win the title away from home.

CARRAGHER: I always felt as a defender, I earned my money away from home. If we were playing at home at Anfield, it was the attackers' job to win the game and we just made sure everything was ok. I go away from home, I'm not expecting the attack to be playing out of their skin. It's not easy away from home as an attacker. sbobet 789

Carragher has been critical of the mentality of Arsenal's players for some time now and described their away statistics as "embarrassing".

CARRAGHER: I've always questioned Arsenal's mentality. But you've always felt they were good enough. I actually still question the mentality but they're not good enough now. That's the big thing. Arsenal are actually getting worse now. They're not getting better. If you go back to the MNF we did against Crystal Palace at the end of last season, I called them cowards. Maybe afterwards when we calmed down a little bit, you reflect and think maybe that was a bit strong, but those stats back it up; 26 points from 26 away games is an embarrassment for a team who are supposedly one of the top teams in the country.

Arsenal signed Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Pierre- Emerick Aubameyang in January, but despite a late move for West Brom's Jonny Evans, they failed to bring in any defensive reinforcements. However, the MNF experts were divided in their views on Wenger's ability to spot defensive talent.

CARRAGHER: I look at Arsene Wenger saying he couldn't afford Jonny Evans, but he could afford £50m strikers. It's not about affording - he just doesn't see it. I don't think he's ever spent big on a defender. Why didn't he go for Virgil van Dijk? Liverpool have got the same problems. At least Jurgen Klopp is trying to fix it with Van Dijk. Why isn't he going for those players? sbobet 789
auto insurance in alberta
diamond auto insurance
auto insure
least expensive auto insurance
average full coverage auto insurance cost
auto insurance auto auction
metlife auto insurance claims phone number
go auto insurance toll free number
best auto home insurance
cheap liability auto insurance online
auto insurance bc quote
auto insurance without a driver license